Involved in a Serious Accident?
Our Vacaville Personal Injury Lawyers Are Here to Help
While personal injury law covers a range of legal areas, each case typically involves negligence that has harmed another person. In most cases, the party who caused said harm is often financially protected by his or her insurance company. Often times, the insurance company will offer you a settlement amount that is much lower than you were originally expecting. They understand that you are hurting and need the money for your living and rehabilitation expenses. However, they also have a bottom line to protect. An experienced personal injury attorney will know how to negotiate with an insurance company and obtain a reasonable financial settlement. You should never have to compromise your physical or financial health because of another party’s negligence.
At Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett & Clawson, we understand that personal injuries are often devastating. You are probably searching for answers and reviewing your compensation options. An experienced California personal injury lawyer will review your case and organize a legal strategy designed to produce positive results. For over 35 years, our accident injury lawyers have obtained over $300 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We have developed a reputation for legal excellence across northern California and are committed to our client’s well-being. Our local injury attorneys are capable of handling your case throughout each stage of the legal process. While a settlement offer is ideal, our personal injury law firm is always prepared to litigate your case in court. By contacting our Vacaville personal injury lawyers, you can hold the negligent party responsible and potentially recover awarded damages.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer to Handle My Claim?
Although you can attempt to handle your own injury claim, there are some good reasons for retaining legal representation. For example, most top rated personal injury attorneys work based on a contingency fee basis. This simply means that a California personal injury attorney will not receive compensation unless your case is won. You should also know that you can claim legal fees as a plaintiff in a personal injury case. Often times, hiring an attorney can save you money in the long run and significantly reduce your recovery expenditures. Having this information will help you make an educated decision that provides the most benefit to you and your family. Our Vacaville personal injury lawyers will work hard to obtain a settlement that allows you to continue your rehabilitation efforts comfortably.
While finances are certainly a motivating force, an accident injury attorney can also help you weather any uncomfortable or unexpected moments. Surprising moments are a common occurrence during settlement negotiations and courtroom proceedings. Our attorneys have experience handling California personal injury cases and know what to do when difficult moments arise. While others see potential roadblocks, we see an opportunity to come up with a creative solution that benefits your case. We can anticipate the moves of the defense and make sure that your rights are upheld and protected.
What Should I Expect After Hiring a California Personal Injury Attorney?
After filing a California personal injury claim, you should expect to see and experience the following:
- An investigation of your case. After retaining legal counsel, a personal injury law attorney should fully investigate your claim. He or she will examine the accident scene and review police reports and medical records.
- A demand for settlement. After the investigation, your attorney will create a demand for settlement. This includes a demand letter outlining your case and desired settlement amount. The defense has three options: They can either accept or reject the demand or make a counteroffer.
- The filing of a personal injury lawsuit. If the insurance company or defense chooses not to settle, then you should officially file a personal injury lawsuit. You and your attorney will begin preparing for trial.
- The discovery phase. Before trial, you can request information from the defense. This will help you evaluate the strength of their case. However, they can also obtain evidence from you and evaluate the strength of your legal arguments.
- A current or former judge may oversee mediation between yourself and the defense. Mediation is an informal process where you attempt to reach an agreement. While not always successful, mediation is a useful (and less expensive) tool that can help shape your case.
- A trial. If your case is not settled or resolved, then you will go to court. A judge or jury will listen to both sides and determine the outcome of your injury claim. In most cases, they will award the plaintiff damages if the defense was at fault for the accident.
- An appeal. If the losing party is unhappy with the outcome, then they can file an appeal. However, the appellate process is quite different from the trial process. It is usually extremely difficult to have a case overturned.
Wrongly Injured? Contact Our Vacaville Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Although hiring an attorney is not a necessity, you would be wise to at least contact a personal injury law firm for a consultation. A California personal injury lawyer will know the local, state and federal laws that govern your personal injury claim. He or she will also know how to approach your claim from a legal perspective that will better your chances at a favorable outcome. Our Vacaville personal injury lawyers can investigate your claim and handle any complications that may arise.
If you are suffering from a personal injury, then you should contact Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett & Clawson today at (707) 430-5651 to schedule a consultation. You can also contact us online and tell us about your case. We promise to review your information as soon as possible and look forward to meeting with you in our Vacaville office.