Unfortunately, the Center for Disease Control reports that 153 Americans suffer traumatic brain-related injuries (TBI) every day. Typically, these injuries involve permanent damage and impairment that can affect every aspect of your life. You and your loved ones could face economic strain from compounding medical bills, lost wages due to missed work, and permanent or temporary disability. In addition, a TBI can involve a spinal cord injury as well, which presents more challenges. If you are coping with a TBI, then our Fairfield brain injury lawyers can help you protect your rights.
At Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett & Clawson, our success stems from our experience and compassion. Our brain injury attorneys have been protecting the rights of victims and their families for over 35 years. We understand the long-term health and economic consequences of a TBI. Furthermore, we know how catastrophic injuries are evaluated and how to pursue full and fair compensation. If you or someone you love suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence in or around Fairfield, Napa Vallejo, Vacaville, Woodland or Richmond, then we can help.
Traumatic brain injuries are almost always a result of a direct blow to the head that damages brain cells. The effects of a TBI are often treatable, but your best chance at recovery requires prompt and decisive medical attention. Our Fairfield brain injury lawyers understand that this potentially means hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. It can also include expensive long-term rehabilitation or treatment and lost time from work. If you are recovering from a serious head injury or caring for a loved one with a TBI, then you should focus on getting the medical treatment you need.
Some common injury symptoms that could be the result of a TBI include:
- Loss of Consciousness: If you are fainting or becoming lightheaded after your accident, you may have a head injury. Dizziness, headaches, cognitive problems and blurred vision may occur immediately after your accident or sometime later. Symptoms of a serious concussion may be revealed weeks or months after your injury.
- Vestibular Injury: Usually, nausea and problems with equilibrium point to a vestibular injury. These injuries damage your inner ear and can move to the brain. Regrettably, these injuries are frequently misdiagnosed.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Symptoms: Nightmares, unwanted memories of trauma, anxiety, heightened reactions and depression are signs of PTSD.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: Also known as TMJ, this injury involves inflammation of a bone hinge that connects your jaw to your skull. Unfortunately, if you develop TMJ, you may have a TBI.
After you seek proper medical care for a potential brain injury, then contact a personal injury lawyer to mitigate your financial risk.
Regrettably, there are many potential causes of TBI as virtually any accident can result in head trauma. However, a California personal injury lawyer can help you identify the cause of the accident and pursue compensation from the liable party. Some common injuries that can result in TBI sometimes involve:
- Slip and Fall: Trip, slips and fall accidents are the leading cause of a traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. Usually, victims of these injuries can file premises liability claims against the party responsible for maintaining the property. For example, a property manager may fail to address uneven surfaces or improper lighting. If this is the case, then you can pursue a personal injury claim.
- Automobile Accidents: Any automobile accident can be serious. Car accidents, bicycle or motorcycle crashes and truck accidents can all result in a TBI.
- Oxygen Loss: Generally, an anoxic brain injury occurs when oxygen is not supplied to the brain for four or more minutes. Unfortunately, the longer the brain goes without oxygen the more widespread the damage. Swimming accidents are a leading cause of oxygen loss-related injuries, although anoxic brain injuries are also common birth injuries.
After a TBI, our law firm uses medical, economic and insurance experts to help determine the full impact of the trauma. With a team of professionals, we can work to discover the full extent of your impairment and the true cost of the care you require moving forward.
Have you been involved in a vehicle accident or slip and fall? Do you suffer from headaches or other common head injury symptoms? Do everyday tasks seem more difficult due to memory loss? Regrettably, your issues could stem from an undetected head injury. Fairfield brain injury lawyers can help you pursue benefits from any party that may be responsible. Our team of professionals can help you identify brain injury complications and guide you to recovery.
With so much at stake, it can seem almost impossible to completely recover from a TBI. This is why our attorneys and staff will dedicate themselves to your case. We will work with our own experts to build the strongest possible case. As a result, Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett & Clawson have recovered more than $300 million in verdicts and settlements. You can count on us to pursue the money you need to provide for the ones you love. We have offices in Fairfield, Vallejo, Vacaville, Napa, Richmond and Woodland. No matter where you are in California or Solano County, we can help. Call us at 707-426-5300 or contact us online for a free consultation. Los Abogados hablan español.