Many of us are spending more time at home; however, this doesn’t mean we still don’t face the risk of injury in our everyday lives.
When you suffer an unexpected injury, you may wonder whether you can still receive the qualified representation you need from a lawyer offering a free consultation online or over the phone.
A remote personal injury attorney can still provide injured clients with the highest caliber of legal representation, but it’s often best to have a local lawyer who is able to meet with you in person.
With Wells Call Injury Lawyers, you get the best of both worlds: A local lawyer + remote accessibility.
If you have a busy schedule and can’t meet with a lawyer, we can do phone calls and video conferences.
We have the capability of handling everything remotely, but we also provide first-class personal service and are able to meet face to face with our clients face to face because we are local.
Remote or in-person, it’s vital to learn what to look for in a personal injury lawyer during your free consultation online.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney who can Handle Remote Work
You may want to hire an injury lawyer who can handle remote work in some of the following situations.
- You prefer all correspondence between you and your lawyer to be recorded or documented through text messages, calls, and video conferencing;
- You require the help of a friend or family member to assist you with your case;
- You have a disability that makes it difficult to leave the house, and remote consultations are substantially more convenient; or
- You live far away from your attorney, and retaining a remote personal injury lawyer makes it easier for you to discuss your case.
- Your work schedule makes it difficult to come into the office during normal business hours.
When you speak with a lawyer for your online consultation, it may become clearer whether a remote personal injury attorney may be preferable throughout your representation.
Why it’s Best to have an Attorney who can Meet Face to Face
Even though many aspects of a personal injury case can be handled remotely, there are times where having a local attorney who can meet you face to face will give you a huge advantage in your case.
- For many parts of your case, you will need to practice how you appear when you need to testify. Meeting face to face, an attorney can help you master the non-verbal communication skills that it takes to be a good witness.
- You will know that you are more than just a number. Meeting face to face will help you have a good working relationship with your attorney.
- A local attorney is familiar with the community and can actually go out to the scene of the accident to gather all of the important evidence.
Qualities to Look for in a Remote Personal Injury Attorney
If you have never hired an attorney before, you may not know where to start. Knowing what qualities to seek out makes finding the right attorney for your case easier.
Specialization in Personal Injury Law
When you speak with a potential lawyer during a free consultation online, you will obtain more information about their knowledge of personal injury law and your case.
For example, does the potential attorney specialize in personal injury law? Attorneys specializing in personal injury law provide various advantages to injured victims.
Their experience provides them with insight when dealing with insurance companies and opposing counsel to maximize your compensation.
An attorney who handles any type of case that comes in the door might not have the specialization needed to understand everything it takes to be successful in a personal injury case.
Although most personal injury cases settle before ever going to trial, hiring an attorney who has never seen the inside of a courtroom is a mistake.
Sometimes settlement negotiations may fail, and a case must go to trial. In this situation, you need a personal injury attorney with the necessary experience preparing a case for trial and litigating it to a positive outcome on your behalf.
When it comes to technology, look for an attorney (remote work) who understands the technology of remote personal injury work.
For example, choose an attorney with experience making a remote appearance in court.
Whether remote or in-person, most personal injury attorneys operate on a contingency fee basis.
A contingency fee basis means that an attorney collects payment for their services only when they obtain a settlement or judgment on your behalf.
When meeting a potential lawyer during your online consultation, ask questions about their contingency fee percentage.
Many attorneys’ contingency fee basis ranges from 30% to 40%; however, this may change depending on the case’s complexity.
At Wells Call Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to getting you started on the road to recovery.
We help you get the medical treatment you need, deal with insurance companies on your behalf, and pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
In 40 years of practice, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured plaintiffs in California. We know that every case is different, and results may vary.
However, we fight hard on behalf of our clients because we understand what a difficult time you are facing.
Contact us today for a free case consultation to find out how we can help you!