Car accidents are one of the main causes of serious personal injuries, and they can result in a wide range of harmful consequences for anyone involved in the incident.
When law enforcement is contacted after an accident, the police officer will document and categorize the accident.
To know which type of car crash the incident should be categorized into, the police will determine what was struck (a car or another person) and the type of impact.
If you have recently been involved in a car accident, you should know which type of accident you were involved in, as it will be useful information for your personal injury case.
If you have been involved in a truck or bus accident in California due to another driver’s negligence, you should speak with one of our attorneys at Wells Call Injury Lawyers.
Contact us today for your free consultation.
What Are the Different Car Accident Categories?
- Rear impact/rear end collision: This type of car crash involves a car hitting the car or truck in front of it. This commonly occurs when the car in front makes a sudden stop and the car behind is unable to brake in time. According to insurance policies, the fault of the accident will be on the car behind since they didn’t maintain a “safe braking distance.”
- Side collision: This involves one or more vehicle’s sides being impacted by another vehicle. This is also called a broadside, or T-bone, collision, and it occurs when the front of a vehicle crashes into the side of another car.
- Rollover: This is when a car or truck turns over on its side or roof. This type of accident often occurs when a vehicle is trying to turn too fast while driving at a high speed and loses control. There are certain vehicles that are more prone to rollovers, such as certain Ford, Jeep, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, and Isuzu troopers and SUVs.
- Head-on collision: This is a very destructive type of car accident that results in many fatalities every year. Car impact damage is at its greatest when the front of that car hits another car because of the car’s forward momentum.
- Other types: There are other types of car accidents that don’t fit in these categories, such as collisions with animals, fixed-objects, or with pedestrians and bicyclists. If the automobile is going at a high speed, these other types of crashes can result in serious injuries and fatalities as well.
If you have been involved in a car accident, you should contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible to seek compensation for your injuries.
Contact Wells Call Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.