California Motorcycle Accident LawyersHave You Recently Been Involved in a Motorcycle Accident in California?
An accident on a motorcycle can cause serious injuries, especially if a car or other vehicle is also involved. Although most riders wear protective gear and a helmet in the case of an accident, the force of an impact with another vehicle can still cause permanent, disabling injuries. Unfortunately, in many cases, motorcycle accidents are the result of the negligent behavior of other motorists. If you were hit by a car or truck while riding your motorcycle, then our attorneys can assist you in filing an injury claim against the at-fault party.
Simply call our car accident lawyers at (707) 243-8595 or contact us online to get the information you need to get on the road to recovery.
Initial consultations are 100% free and confidential. Hablamos Español.
Over $500 Million Recovered
And 40 Years in Practice The case results listed are actual settlement and verdict results from cases recently handled by us. Because the facts and circumstances of every case are different, the results of other cases are not a guarantee of similar results in other cases. The results below do not include all cases, but they include a sample of different types of cases and show how much those results can vary.
Awards & Affiliations
Wells Call Injury Lawyers, has been honored for its professionalism, legal experience, and client care while handling personal injury law.
Below are some of the ways we’ve been recognized.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in California?
Motorcyclists and cyclists have virtually no protection from collisions. The types of injuries caused by an accident can be life-altering or may result in unaffordable medical bills. Common motorcycle accident injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). The blunt-force trauma or whiplash from an accident may cause a traumatic brain injury. Depending on the severity and location of the injury, you could suffer problems with memory, decision-making, balance, movement, speech, or behavior.
- Spinal cord injury or paralysis. You could suffer a spinal cord injury after an accident. An incomplete spinal cord injury may result in partial paralysis below the site of the injury. On the other hand, a complete spinal cord injury may cause you to suffer total paralysis.
- Road rash. You could be thrown from your motorcycle during an accident. Any exposed skin could slide across the ground. Road rash is a very serious type of abrasion that may lead to serious infections and other health problems. Abrasions are also possible during a bicycle accident.
- Broken bones. The blunt force trauma of a crash could cause you to break one or more bones. Facial bones could also be damaged during a crash, which may lead to disfigurement.
- Burn injuries. Gasoline from a motorcycle or vehicle may ignite during a collision. Motorcycle accidents can also cause burn injuries. In some cases, burn injuries can lead to disfigurement.
Who May Be Liable for a Motorcycle in California?
There are multiple parties that may be responsible for causing a motorcycle accident. In some cases, more than one party can be liable for a single crash. Cases we take may involve claims against parties that include but are not limited to:
- Other motorists. Other motorists are responsible for many motorcycle accidents. Motorists may be working when they cause a wreck, which means their employers could also be liable.
- Motorcycle manufacturers. Like regular vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles may also contain defects that cause injuries or deaths. In such cases, you may be able to seek damages against the manufacturer.
- Equipment manufacturers. Motorcycle and bicycle equipment may contain defects that contribute to an accident or injuries. You may be able to file a claim against the manufacturers of defective equipment.
- Dealerships or repair shops. There are cases where dealerships could be liable for a motorcycle crash. For instance, they might be liable if they sold a defective motorcycle that injured or killed a customer.
Your ability to file an accident lawsuit against one or more of the parties listed above would depend on the circumstances. For instance, you would need to prove their negligent conduct caused the accident and resulting injury or death. The criteria required to file a lawsuit may be confusing to understand, so it is important to speak with an attorney to discuss your eligibility.
Act Quickly for California Motorcycle Accident Case
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, talking to a California motorcycle accident attorney right away is critical. You have a limited amount of time to take the necessary legal actions to protect your rights, and you run the risk of evidence getting lost if you delay. To maximize the amount of compensation you can potentially receive, talk to an attorney as soon as possible after your crash.
The attorneys at Wells Call Injury Lawyers are ready to help you.
*We value our clients’ personal and private lives. We have removed the names from these reviews for client discretion.
5 Reasons People Choose Us
Consult a California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
We want to see you better and back on your motorcycle as soon as possible. Let our legal team assist you in identifying liability and recovering your damages from the responsible party. Our legal team works on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay any legal fees unless we are successful with your case.