At Wells Call Injury Lawyers, we know the tragic consequences of distracted driving for families in Solano County and throughout all of California. As technology has increased, so have distractions.
As personal injury lawyers, we have seen firsthand the devastation these collisions cause for victims and their families. As a result, we believe that today’s youth will be the ones to help solve this problem.
That is why we want to give back to our community by allowing local high school students to compete for a considerable number of scholarships. (For another scholarship opportunity, check out our video contest.)
WHO: This competition is open only to juniors and seniors in the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District.
WHAT: The second annual Wells Call Injury Lawyers Speech contest is an excellent opportunity for high school students to show their presentation skills and highlight the consequences of texting and driving.
WHEN: Your speech must be turned in by April 10, 2023, by 11:59 PM. So, act fact! Only the top 15 finalists will be invited to participate in the speech contest on April 19, 2023, at 6:30 PM.
WHERE: The location of the contest is in the FSUSD Board room at 2490 Hilborn Rd, Fairfield, CA.
- Grand Prize: $5,000 Scholarship
- Second Place: $2,000 Scholarship
- Third Place: $1,000 Scholarship
- Prompt: Cell phone use while driving every year leads to 1.6 million crashes. Nearly 390,000 people are injured yearly in car accidents caused by texting while driving. Although 35% of teen drivers admitted to texting while driving, a AAA survey found that 94% are aware of the risks. In your speech, you must state why texting and driving is one of the most significant causes of driving distraction and propose your best solution to the problem.
- The speech must be between 3 and 5 minutes in length.
- The entry will be judged based on the following criteria:
- The speech is engaging and inspiring.
- Speech includes statistics, research, and real-life examples.
- The speaker demonstrates good presentation skills, including eye contact, body language, clarity of speech, and proper use of emotion.
You will need to provide the following information to submit your video:
- Phone Number
- Email Address