Personal injury cases allow accident victims to recover a variety of different damages.
When many think of damages in a personal injury lawsuit, tangible accident-related costs come to mind. For example, medical expenses, lost wages, and decreased earning capacity may come to mind.
However, non-economic damages often make up a sizeable portion of a damages award. At Wells Call Injury Lawyers, we have more than 40 years of experience helping accident victims obtain the compensation they need and deserve after suffering life-changing injuries.
We can help you identify the full extent of the damages you may be entitled to, ensuring you are fairly compensated for what you’ve been through.
What Are Loss of Enjoyment of Life Damages?
Through a personal injury lawsuit, injury victims can recover for the economic and non-economic damages they suffered as a result of the accident. Loss of enjoyment of life damages are a type of non-economic damages that provide compensation for the impact the accident had on a victim’s life.
When courts assess an accident victim’s claim for loss of enjoyment of life damages, they consider the following:
- The accident victim’s age;
- The accident victim’s level of education;
- The accident victim’s work history;
- The severity of the injuries suffered by the accident victim;
- The potential future medical issues the accident victim may face; and
- The type of activities the accident victim can no longer engage in.
Notably, loss of enjoyment of life damages can relate to either physical or mental injuries.
Loss of Enjoyment of Life Examples
Accidents change lives. After a serious accident, your life suddenly is turned upside down. Things that you used to enjoy doing may no longer be a possibility. For obvious reasons, this can have a major effect on your long-term well-being, both physical and mental.
Some of the things that may go into a court’s determination regarding loss of enjoyment of life damages include:
- How your injuries impacted your career;
- Whether your injuries prevent you from traveling;
- Whether your injuries caused you to miss out on important family events;
- Whether your injuries affect your ability to socialize or make new friends; and
- Whether your injuries prevent you from engaging in sports or recreational activities you used to enjoy.
Of course, everyone is different, and accidents impact people’s lives in very different ways. Thus, loss of enjoyment of life damages varies widely between cases. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help accident victims determine what damages they can recover.
Were You Injured in a Serious Accident?
If you suffered severe, life-changing injuries in a recent accident, reach out to Wells Call Injury Lawyers. Since 1980, our dedicated California personal injury attorneys have proudly represented clients injured in all types of accidents.
We believe in taking an individual approach to every case we handle. Thus, we take as much time as necessary to understand your life, both before and after the accident. To learn more, and to schedule a free consultation, reach out to Well Call Injury Lawyers at 707-368-5262.
You can also connect with us through our online contact form.